HEEL WARS Chapter 2 - SAVAGE RHUB

Saturday 27 May 2017

HEEL WARS Chapter 2



Having it all doesn’t make me entirely happy. I have the perfect job, good money, my dream house, my dream car and great friends. But things are not entirely how it seems. Entering my shoe closet every morning brings smiles on my face. I have all types of heels; the wedge, platform, strap and others in different colours from a whole lot of designers. I buy heels every week.  My entire shoe closet can pay a university undergraduate school fees and even hostel fees for four years. People have a lot of reasons for what they do or say or wear but I love to wear heels everyday because it symbolizes power. Every woman loves power and that what I have everyday.

I walked inside the office and my eyes popped…

Felix was wearing my brand new ASOS Peru pointed high heels, imitating how I walk in the office. He is good, "lol". If that wasn’t enough, all the women in my office were wearing heels.
Mrs. Atiobi was wearing the black colour of my “tasty red velvet”. Best Monday ever! They welcomed me with laughter and teasing. It was indeed a good day. I felt they understood, accepted and appreciated me.

Work was a bit slow, all I kept doing was watch music videos and online shoe shopping. The day finally ended and I was still the last person to leave. I felt very tired and stressed. My feet were hurting with sharp back pains.

The pains were on and off, so I managed to drive. Accra traffic can be very annoying most of the times. You can be in traffic for thirty minutes without moving, stuck between careless 'trotro' drivers, blowing their horn on you like an aimless animal wandering in the middle of the street. All the possible short routes were even worse with massive traffic and bad roads.

I got home very late. That was a bit unusual of me. I lazily got down from my car straight to my door, I tried opening the door and realized it was already opened. “Only one person could be there if not a thief”, I thought to myself. I got inside and found Richard sleeping on my couch. But where is his car and why is he in my house at that hour? “I hope he isn’t sleeping over”, I thought to myself.

Richard is my best friend, we have known each other for the longest time. Ten years down the road and still counting. He is my confidant and soulmate but we will suck as partners, so remaining best of friends was our best option.

I woke him up and the first thing he said was, “I’m hungry, please get me food before I collapse”. I dropped my bag and went to the kitchen still wearing my heels. Richard likes to see me do everything in heels, he says it’s attractive and gives a woman composure. He even wishes to see me wash in heels, 'lol'. I mixed up ingredients and prepared something quick for us to eat. He ate like he hasn’t eaten for months and he likes food too. He helped me clean up and I packed his belongings to drop him at home even though I was tired. He was a bit surprised I was rushing him out of my house. Then he dropped the gist I had been waiting for since we started eating.

“I had a quarrel with my girlfriend in the morning and I can’t even stand her presence, so can I sleep here tonight?”  He asked politely and with a stressed face. I was too tired to ask him for details, so I kissed him goodnight. His touch was so warm and it felt so good. He hugged me tighter but soft. I guess I needed that and more after a stressful day.  

Everything happened pretty fast…

No comments:

Post a Comment