Crushed Fantasy - SAVAGE RHUB

Monday 4 June 2018

Crushed Fantasy



Wandering in the streets of Osu, beating myself up of how careless I could be. 

Three hours ago, I thought I had it all figured out but I guess I didn’t start my day well. 

I woke up with excitement , prayed and quickly dash out for an interview. The interview went well and I was soo excited about my new investors. I couldn’t wait for all the documents to be finalized. With excitement, I decided to call my best friend, Tsiwah for some ice cream to celebrate.

Tsiwah and I have been friends for over ten (10) years. She is my ride or ride. A single entrepreneur and very ambitious.

We spoke till I got a taxi to quickly meet her up at Pinkberry. The taxi moved from Papaye heading towards Labone. I was so excited that I couldn’t wait to share my joy with my best friend.

When we got to KFC, I decided to cash some money at the nearest ATM.  I quickly rushed out of the car and went straight to the machine but it was out of service like any typical four out of five ATMs, I turned and the taxi, my hand bag and heels were all gone.

Oh Lord of Mercy and compassion, my ruined day had just began. All this happened so fast. No money to pick a car, This left me frustrated in the middle of Osu. All I had left was just me and my phone. Ohhhh Yes, talking about phones, It clicked my mind to request for Uber and pay with my card or mobile money.

The Uber arrived in about five minutes and I sat in like a Queen with no cash, lol. Oh my God, manna from heaven, how did you find yourself behind the wheels. The Uber driver was finneeeee. I checked my makeup and breath , just to be sure I was good to go. We had a pretty good chit chat throughout the journey till I got to my destination.

When we got to Pinkberry, Tsiwah had left and I had no money to pay the Uber driver. But I thought I had money in my mobile money account and even on my card. Everything seemed so weird and abnormal. The Uber driver offered to take me home for free and pay him some other time.

I thought that was amazing and anyone could hardly find such drivers lately. Some drivers will insult you and think you got all that planned out.

I had no option than to hop back in for that free ride. We had an amazing trip back to my house. He was funny, a picture freak and hey before I forget, he was using an iPhone X. Hahahaha, it felt like meeting a prince in disguise, finding the perfect bride.

We finally reached my house and we had to say goodbye. “It was great meeting you”, i said and added, “hey, next time I meet you, I will dance with you”. We hugged but it felt weird again, like something way too heavy on me. The next thing I heard was Jackie’s voice. 

Jackie is my niece. She is 2years old and she is the most adorable and smart kid I have ever seen. My room is the first place she comes when she wakes up. Her voice was becoming too loud in my ears, I opened my eyes and there she was in her pyjamas. 

Seriously, that whole mixed up feelings day was just a dream? I smiled and hoped to dance with him anytime I really see him, like in the movies.


4 comments: